Pacific Industrial & Marine Ltd. (PIM) is located in Cowichan Bay on the east coast of Vancouver Island and specializes in all aspects of marine systems and bridge construction.
At PIM, we pride ourselves by offering leading turn-key marine construction services to both public and private sectors and by ensuring our products meet the highest safety and quality standards.
Our facilities, located in Cowichan Bay, include a steel fabrication shop, an aluminium fabrication shop and a pre-cast area for all your concrete needs. We also have a large dock construction zone to accommodate any number or size of projects.
Whether your organization is looking for a custom steel pontoon dock, an engineered aluminium bridge or pile installation services, your project is in expert hands.
Give us a call today at 250-746-7272 to discuss your project with a marine construction specialist.
Our Mission Statement:
“We live our core values of safety, honesty, fairness, integrity, and environmental sensitiveness when interacting with our employees, our customers, and with the communities in which we work.”
- Fisheries & Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Canadian Coast Guard
- Defense Construction Canada (CFB Esquimalt; CFB Comox)
- Public Works & Government Services Canada
- British Columbia Ferry Services Ltd.
- BC Hydro
- Provincial Ministries (BC Parks, MOT Highways, FLNRO, Etc.)
- Nanaimo, Tofino, Ucluelet, Sidney, Richmond, Victoria, West Vancouver, Campbell River, Port Alberni, & Others
- Regional Districts: CRD, SCRD, NRD, CVRD, PRRD
- First Nations Communities
- Cowichan Tribes
- Squamish First Nation
- Oweekeno First Nation
- Cowichan Bay Maritime Services
- Salt Spring Island Sailing Cub
- West Vancouver Yacht Club
- Maple Bay Marina
- Canoe Cove Marina
- Arbutus Ridge Strata Corporation
- Catalyst Paper
- Parkland/Columbia Fuels
- Harbour Air
- Western Canada Marine Response Corporation
Our Environmental Policy
The preservation of natural resources and the health of our environment are important to our organization. While conducting operations we shall consider the appropriate protection of biotic communities, including human, animal and plant life, air, water and soil.
Examples of Environmental Initiatives Pictured below
- PIM actively works in the Cowichan Bay estuary to remove and/or rescue derelict boats at risk of going aground and polluting the environment.
- PIM has built bird houses and fostered the return of Purple Martin’s to the area that were once very close to extinct in B.C. In 2020 there were 14 nesting pairs and over 30 birds by the time they departed for Brazil on August 19th. (Also pictured, a young Osprey who fell from his nest in our yard. He was returned using a boom lift)
- PIM uses oil spill booms to absorb any hydrocarbons given off by the treated wood from an old approach piling used during railroad days. The outer black boom is a silt curtain to absorb floating silts that may be created during installation of steel piles.
- PIM has partnered to map the eel grass in Cowichan Bay to aid in the transplant and recovery of this essential habitat for salmon fry.